Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My tomatoes are 3" tall and I am talking about them already


Always with the tomatoes!
I know I know, shut up already, but for real my tomato, the one I bred, not like that I used pollen. Tim's Black Ruffles, sorry it has such a shit name, but it was just a working name until I could come up with something to honor my Grandfather, but that did not get to happen. So Gary Isben has it at Tomatofest with pictures and he says it is one of his favorites. For me it's like writing a song for the clash. WOW.  Tim's Black Ruffles (I hate that name) is also on Laurel Garza site as one of her top desert island tomato plants. Maybe Black Death, or Darth tomatovader, I mean Tim's Black Ruffles it sounds like some weird pirate shirt.
Hopefully the Obama's won't mind the bad name, I sent them seeds for their garden on the west lawn. I even put in the intro letter the Jefferson quote, "The greatest service which can be rendered any country is to add a useful plant to it's culture." I ended that Tim's Black Ruffles (shit name or not) was my service to country and culture. My friend Hillary told that sending things to the white house might just get me a 3 hour FBI interrogation, but chances are the Fed's will be coming around sometime anyway. 
Later

3 comments:

sarah said...

punk rock farmer, eh? we made it home on our bikes, but it was shaky. eep

wayne miller said...

Yo. . .Tim man. Tried to contact you through Myspace but to no avail. Wondering if you 'd be interested in doing a seed saving workshop at our tomato festival this August 16 at the new location in New Jerusalem? We're gonna have music, probably a key note speaker, a few vendors etc. It will be small this first year I think although there could still be a huge turnout with the name etc. Let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks and happy cats! And tomatoes. I didn't know you worked with William? Wow. Wow. Later skater.

Unknown said...

Is very helpful to change our habits, we need to think the obesity is very danger for everybody, is like a pump that can explot any time. So is necesary to take care of ourselves, exercising and taking good and healthy food and stop eating junk food. The life is too short, so we need to take care of us every single day for enjoy the things that the life gave to us. I bought my house through costa rica homes for sale so i want to enjoy it for long time. That is why i eat healthy including tomatoes, lettuce, vegetables and fruits.