Monday, March 8, 2010

A long Time Coming!


Well if tomato fungus and snow where my 2 main crops this year I would be whipping a new Benz, but we did have a great year without tomatoes and with all the snow. Our potato crop and greens where killing it this season. But it is 58 degrees outside today and we have 20,000 veg transplants in the greenhouse getting ready to roll, so here is a nice tomato jam for the plants and all the hippies out there.
Our house in about 28" of new snow.
A plow truck here at Winterthur!
One of 2 lectures at this years Farming for the future conference at PASA this year. It was on saving seeds but I worked Yoda into it.
I will post the entire video of the lecture someday.
We also had a great article in the March Grid Magazine and our
farm grown seeds are selling like mad, more on that in the next post.
Later

4 comments:

Inverbrook Farm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Inverbrook Farm said...

I have not heard Rusted Root in so long. They used to headline our earth day celebration back when I was a hippie college student at PSU. Back to the earth (and farmerexia)!

chefamy said...

Hi Tim,
I own the Night Kitchen Bakery in the Chestnut Hill section of Philly. I am also co-founder of a grassroots environmental org. called GRINCH GReenINChestnutHill. I think you were part of the Chestnut Hill Garden Fest last year.
I am reaching out to see if you would be interested in joining the fest this year on Sunday May 2nd from 11am-5pn. We have the West Highland block and it will be called Eco Alley.
My cell is (610) 505-6282 or email is chefamybeth@hotmail.com
Your farm would be a great fit!
Sincerely,
Amy Edelman

Emma said...

Hello there! I'm happy to find your website/blog and learn about what you folks are doing. :)

I live in West Chester right now, but we're hoping to move to Kennett in a couple months (just need to find a cheap apartment)!