Friday, July 24, 2009

This is where it all begins.

We slept in late, I am on vacation, then we went to Blue Hill to a great place for lunch. It is the sister restaurant of Cleonice called Table a Farmhouse Bistro. O my God. I had the Ploughman's Lunch (thought that was fitting for a busman's holiday) The Mackerel pate was out of this world.


This is where is all began.
After lunch we head to the 'Good Life Center' Helen and Scott Nearing place on the Maine Coast on cape Rosier. For me this is a true pilgrimage I read the Good Life when I was just 17 and was hell bent moving back to the land.


Hand built walled organic veg garden.
Helen and Scott's home that they made by hand.
Then we went to see uncle Elliot. Elliot Coleman and Barbara Damrosch, have changed my life more than any other persons I can think of. From there TV show 'Gardening Naturally' to the many books and lectures. We visited Four Season Farm
Elliot's wonderful 10 acres of organic greatness.  Sheer Mecca.


This is hard to see, but it is a wooden fist raised in defiance. What else can I say.
VIVA!
Later

3 comments:

Karen said...

Tim - while you are away, thought you would want a status update on your zuchs. What the HECK are you feeding them? Send me your email and I will send you the photos I took last night.

Karen (Bldg. 84)
kpluta@doverdowns.com

phoebe said...

what a beautiful vaca. Maine is breathtaking. wish I could get Dan to go...are they having an Oz fest anytime soon? the link to four season farm is chock full of great info. thanks for the share!

Emma said...

I read that book, too! Looks like a great trip.